Pest Control Mice – Removal Before Breeding
Mice removal is necessary because having these rodents in your home is not only a nuisance, but also a serious health hazard to you, your family and your pets. Mice carry and spread diseases and can also cause significant property damage. For Sydney’s best pest control mice experts, you need the team at M&M Pest Control.
But the worst thing about mice is they breed so quickly. Before you know it, your property could become a refuge for an entire nest of disgusting rodents!
So don’t start exterminating your mouse infestation problem without first identifying where they are nesting. You will often be able to uncover this by looking for mouse tracks, piles of droppings, gnawing damage – and holes in walls, floors, skirting boards and furniture that were not there before.
Pest Control Mice – 5 Easy Ways to Get Rid Of Mice
Once you have a good idea where the mice are nesting you could try one or all of these options to get rid of them:
1. Mousetraps – This is probably the most common method for pest control (mice) in your home. It’s a good, cheap, and relatively effective solution, provided you have identified where the mice are nesting and you don’t mind the clean up. If you don’t want to kill them, you could always use live traps and simply remove the mice from your property unharmed. Whichever option you go for, just remember to place at least six traps at each nesting area to make sure you get all of them.
2. Baits & poisons – Using baits and poisons is a good option if you are having trouble identifying where the mice are nesting. There are, however, important precautions to take to make sure you use poisons safely. Use sealed bait stations and place them in areas you know mice are likely to move through – this will also help keep poisons away from children. You should also only use the bait stations indoors to keep them away from pets and wildlife.
3. Natural methods – If you don’t like the idea of poison or trapping, there are a few natural, non-lethal alternatives. Mothballs, for example, are said to get rid of mice 65% of the time. Mice don’t like strong smells, so placing mothballs close to their nests will go a long way to encouraging them to leave peacefully. Just be careful with this method as mothballs are toxic and can harm children and pets if eaten. You could also try something similar by using peppermint oil on cotton balls placed close to the nest, although you need to take the same precautions with children and pets as you would do with mothballs.
4. Exclusion – One of the best ways to get rid of mice is to prevent them from getting into your home in the first place, but you can use exclusion methods to send a clear message your home is not a haven for vermin. This method is best used in combination with either trapping or baiting, but it can be effective in driving mice out of your home. Stopping up any holes with steel wool or wire mesh will do the trick and prevent mice from nesting in your home.
5. Hire a professional – If you have a serious mouse infestation the methods above will only take you so far. Cleaning out an entire nest and exterminating the mice can be a rather unpleasant job. So if you suspect your home might have become a haven for rodents, you should call out the professionals as soon as possible.
M&M Termite and Pest Control have been taking care of mouse and general rodent problems for over 31 years.
In that time we have developed specialised methods, products and protocols that allow us to get rid of mice quickly, safely and effectively, with minimal impact on your time and lifestyle.
Everything we do is backed by our unique 200% money-back guarantee, so if we don’t get rid of your mouse problem you don’t pay. What’s more, we’ll even get a competitor to redo the job at our expense.
So, if you think your home might have become a breeding ground for mice, don’t wait a second longer! Give us a call today on 13 10 34 for a free quote.
Why people prefer M&M Termite and Pest Control
We take Rats & Mice control seriously and take great pride in delivering a superior service. We only employ the best of the best; our technicians have at least 16 years experience in the industry.
We promise you:
- 100% satisfaction or double your money back
- On time service
- We leave your home exactly the way we found it
- People, pet and planet friendly
Important facts to consider before making your decision
- 55% of the pest control industry are uninsured (Statistics from Pacific International Insurance)
- Some companies take shortcuts by not treating to the manufacturers’ specifications
- Some quote for a fixed amount but then charge for extras
- Few companies back up their claims with a money back guarantee
- We don’t use sub-contractors (who don’t care about your home)
When you engage M&M Termite and Pest Control you can rest easy knowing that we are insured, we don’t take short cuts, we adhere to Australian Standards, our quotes don’t change and we stand behind our claims with a money back guarantee.
Contact us now for a quick, effective and environmentally–friendly solution to your Rats and Mice problems.